In one day, All-on-4® dental implants, sometimes referred to as Teeth-in-a-Day, can stabilize your dentures and give you a new smile. In Baton Rouge, Dr. Steven Brooksher provides All-on-4 implants to increase your comfort—and improve your experience—with dentures.
What Are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
This technique supports a full arch of replacement teeth with four dental implants. The front two implants are placed vertically, and the two behind them are angled—up to 45 degrees—toward the back of your mouth.
Instead of four implants, you can choose to have six implants placed to increase the stability of your dentures.
When Are They Used?
Dental implants are stabilized by your jawbone. If you don’t have enough jawbone remaining for other dental implant procedures, the All-on-4 procedure can be completed without the need for bone grafting.
- No bone grafting is required – The angled implants with All-on-4 provide increased contact with the jawbone to stabilize the implants. No bone grafting procedure is required.
- Prevents bone shrinkage – Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone shrinkage and facial sagging.
- Improved function and appearance – All-on-4 dental implants help your dentures function, look, and feel more like your own natural teeth.
- Saves time and money – After bone grafting surgery, a three- to six-month healing period is required before dental implants are placed. All-on-4 dental implants save you the cost of bone grafting surgery and the time it takes for grafts to heal.
- Same-day smile – Temporary dentures will be attached to your implants on the same day you receive them. You’ll leave our office with a new smile.
Who Is a Candidate for It?
All-on-4 dental implants might be right for you if any of the following apply:
- You wear complete dentures.
- You have lost, or are losing, a full arch of teeth.
- You have bone shrinkage and are not a candidate for other types of dental implant procedures.
Read our dental implants page for details about the implant process.
Request a Complimentary Consultation
Dr. Brooksher has extensive post-graduate training in implantology. He is a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology—the world’s largest provider of dental implant continuing education. He adheres to the highest standards in planning for and placing dental implants.
If you are interested in All-on-4 dental implants, you may call us or request an appointment online.