A smile makeover can add sparkle to your life. Your facial appearance, social interactions, and self-confidence improve when your smile is at its best. In Baton Rouge, accredited cosmetic dentist Dr. Steven Brooksher will design a smile that captures your natural expressions and is uniquely yours.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover uses cosmetic dentistry to improve or even completely transform your smile. Highly skilled cosmetic dentists consistently achieve beautiful results. In addition to his post-graduate training in cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Brooksher is accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Through in-depth written and oral examinations, as well as patient cases, he has proven that he knows what it takes to help your smile reach its full potential.
Ways to Transform Your Smile
The condition of your teeth and your goals for your smile affect which cosmetic dentistry treatment Dr. Brooksher will recommend. In addition to an examination, Dr. Brooksher will listen as you describe the improvements you would like to see in your smile. He will recommend one or more cosmetic dentistry treatments for your smile makeover.
A porcelain veneer is an ultra-thin wafer of porcelain that is crafted to precisely fit over the front of a tooth. One or more veneers can be used to correct a variety of imperfections in your teeth, including:
- Poor shape
Read our porcelain veneers page for details on this treatment.
Deeply embedded stains in your teeth can be removed with professional teeth whitening. Even the natural pigmentation of the teeth can be bleached out. Dr. Brooksher will examine your teeth to determine the cause of the stains and whether or not bleaching them will provide the desired results. He offers in-office treatment with KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ and at-home whitening with Opalescence.
Visit our teeth whitening page for more information on these options.
Dr. Brooksher uses bonding to improve the appearance of teeth that have gaps between them, chips, cracks, poor shape, or discoloration. He has the variety of dental composite and tools needed to ensure the bonding blends with your natural teeth and conceals the imperfections.
Read our dental bonding page for more information on this technique.
When you receive a smile makeover from Dr. Brooksher, he includes your input throughout the process to ensure you get exactly the smile you want. For example, if you receive porcelain veneers, Dr. Brooksher will take the following steps:
- He will listen closely as you describe your ideal smile, including tooth shape, color, and length.
- You can show him photos of smiles and the characteristics you would like for your own makeover. You will also see photos of smiles he has designed for his patients.
- Dr. Brooksher will show you a digital version of your smile makeover that can be adjusted based on your input.
- His ceramist will create a wax model of your new smile for you to examine and request changes.
- Provisional or temporary veneers will be made for you to try on and experience how your porcelain veneers will look and feel.
- With your approval, Dr. Brooksher’s ceramist will craft your porcelain veneers. When you’re certain that your smile makeover is exactly as you want it, the veneers will be bonded to your teeth.
The before-and-after photos below show how a natural-looking smile makeover with porcelain veneers also enhances this patient’s facial appearance.
Ready to Transform Your Smile?
If you’re interested in a smile makeover but aren’t ready to commit to a dental examination, you can request a ten-minute complimentary consultation with Dr. Brooksher. He will discuss your treatment options and the results you can expect. Call us or request an appointment online.