Cosmetic dentistry involves much more than repairing chipped or broken teeth. In the hands of an artist, it will refresh and enhance your smile and look completely natural.
What Is a Cosmetic Dentist?
A true cosmetic dentist has skill and artistic inclination. When improvements or restorations to your teeth are made, they are both structurally sound and esthetically appealing. Like most accomplished artists, a cosmetic dentist’s ability to create beautiful designs is the result of several factors’ including:
- Advanced training
- Artistic inclination
- Essential tools and materials to create lifelike results
Dr. Brooksher’s Training and Achievements
Dr. Brooksher’s passion for cosmetic dentistry motivated him to develop advanced skills in the art. His training and achievements include the following:
- Louisiana State University School of Dentistry – Esthetic Continuum Levels I and II.
- Completion of post-graduate training in complex restorative dentistry at the Pankey Institute in Florida.
- Accreditation status, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) – Achieved through in-depth written and oral exams and submission of a series of patient cases representing different levels of complexity in cosmetic dentistry. There are fewer than 350 AACD accredited members in the world, and Dr. Brooksher is one of ten in the state of Louisiana.
- Recipient of three medals in International Smile Gallery competition of the AACD, including a “Best of Show” award and a “People’s Choice” award.
Dr. Brooksher Creates Beautiful Smiles
Smile designs from Dr. Brooksher include a beautiful smile guarantee. His artwork includes a blend of his technique and the right tools and technology to provide you with a gorgeous personalized smile.
- Technique – Dr. Brooksher’s smile designs are unique. He includes details for a smile that expresses your personality. The shape, size, and color with your teeth will be symmetrical with your facial features and in harmony with your oral anatomy.
- Tools – He has a variety of dental tools and materials of the highest quality to beautifully restore a single tooth or create a complete smile makeover. The results are lifelike, and people won’t be able to tell your teeth were ever damaged.
- Try-in – Dr. Brooksher uses this phase to let you test drive your smile. For example, if you receive porcelain veneers, they are temporarily attached to your teeth for you to examine the look and feel. They are only bonded to your teeth if you approve and love them.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Dr. Brooksher offers a full selection of cosmetic dentistry services, including:
Porcelain veneers transform a single tooth, multiple teeth, or your entire smile. Thin shells of porcelain are custom made to fit over the fronts of your teeth and conceal misalignment, chips, gaps, discoloration and more. Read more about this treatment on our porcelain veneers page.
Dr. Brooksher uses e.max and zirconia crowns to protect teeth that are badly broken, worn, or decayed. The crowns will match your natural teeth. Read our porcelain crowns page for an explanation of the options.
Small gaps between teeth, chips, cracks, and discoloration can all be concealed with dental bonding. Dr. Brooksher blends dental composite to match the color and translucency of your natural teeth. It is applied, shaped, and polished to a natural gloss. Read our dental bonding page for details.
Teeth whitening is a way to quickly rejuvenate your smile. Dr. Brooksher offers in-office treatment with KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™. Or you can choose Opalescence® take-home whitening. Both treatments are safe and predictable, and your smile will be brilliantly white. For more information, read our teeth whitening page.
What Can You Expect with Cosmetic Dentistry?
The before-and-after photos below show how Dr. Brooksher uses cosmetic dentistry to transform smiles. This patient had a gummy smile and teeth that were worn, chipped, discolored, and unevenly spaced. Gum contouring and porcelain crowns were used to lengthen her teeth, revive her smile and facial appearance, and produce natural-looking results.
If you’re interested in cosmetic dentistry to transform your smile, call us or submit our Request an Appointment form for an exam or a ten-minute complimentary consultation.