If you need dentures, like many people, you might be wondering if you’ll ever be able to enjoy smiling, eating, or talking again. Concerns about how dentures will look or fit are common. In Baton Rouge, Dr. Steven Brooksher provides natural-looking dentures that fit well and give you reasons to smile.
Even with dentures, Dr. Brooksher will give you an expressive smile that fits your personality. He is an artist and an accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry who will ensure your dentures are in harmony with your oral anatomy and your facial features.
How does he do it? His advanced training and skill help him provide natural-looking results. And he diligently follows the steps below:
- Preliminary impressions – Impressions are taken to create a preliminary model of your arch on which Dr. Brooksher can make a custom tray for final impressions. This extra step, skipped by some dentists, enables the dentist to get a more accurate final impression, resulting in a denture that fits more snugly without irritating your gums.
- Custom tray – When the custom tray is ready, impression material is placed in it to create a mold of your mouth that is highly accurate and ensures your dentures fit well.
- Wax model – Your denture teeth are first set in pink wax so that they look like the final result. You’ll be able to try them in your mouth to see how they look and feel, and to check the way they bite together. If anything about them makes you hesitant, Dr. Brooksher will make adjustments.
- Dentures – Your dentures will be made by Dr. Brooksher’s laboratory technician who uses quality certified materials to provide healthy, natural-looking results.
Dr. Brooksher will explain your options for dentures based on your budget and your preferences for stability and aesthetics.
Removable complete dentures
You can receive removable complete dentures for your upper arch, lower arch, or both. Suction keeps an upper denture in place, and a lower denture rests on your gums.
Your dentures can be anchored with dental implants, which are surgically placed in your jawbone. Two to eight implants can be used, and the stability of your dentures increases with the number of implants that are placed. Read our implant overdentures page for more information on the options.
Supporting your dentures with implants has several advantages:
- Comfort and stability – Dentures that are anchored by implants—not resting on your gums—are stable and more comfortable.
- Improves chewing efficiency – You will be able to chew well and enjoy eating as your dentures stay in place without slipping or lifting.
- Improves speech – As you speak, your words will be clear, not slurred. And you’ll feel comfortable about opening your mouth to speak—instead of mumbling due to concern that your dentures might dislodge and embarrass you.
- Stimulates bone – Implants are similar to natural tooth roots that stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone shrinkage. Jawbone supports your facial muscles, so you don’t have to worry about premature facial sagging.
Interested in Knowing Your Options for Dentures?
If you are interested in receiving natural-looking dentures that fit well, call us for an appointment with Dr. Brooksher or request an appointment online.
“I feel complete now that I have my new smile. It has given me a whole new outlook on life.” – Tracey