Your smile is an expression of both your identity and personality. In Baton Rouge, porcelain veneers from accredited cosmetic dentist Dr. Steven Brooksher will rejuvenate your teeth, enhance your facial appearance, and give you a smile that’s uniquely yours.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the fronts of your teeth. They are sculpted to precisely fit your teeth, so they look completely natural.
When Are They Used?
Porcelain veneers are used to correct a variety of imperfections in teeth, including:
What’s the Process?
Before you receive porcelain veneers, Dr. Brooksher will examine your teeth to determine if you are a candidate for them. If you are, the process of designing your smile includes the following steps:
- Dr. Brooksher will listen as you describe your smile goals.
- You can bring photos of smiles that reflect details you would like to see in your own smile. And Dr. Brooksher will show you photos of smile designs he has created. The photos will help you make decisions about the shape, size, and color of your teeth.
- We’ll take pictures of your smile and use digital technology to show you the proposed smile design—a digital smile makeover.
- Dr. Brooksher will make a wax model of your smile so you can examine it and determine if any refinements are needed.
- Some tooth preparation may be needed, depending on your case. If so, understand that the preparation is very conservative, ordinarily only about half a millimeter of tooth enamel is removed. Preparation can help ensure that your veneers look natural—not bulky—and fit correctly at your gumline.
- Photos and impressions of your teeth, the wax model, and instructions will be sent to Dr. Brooksher’s ceramist.
- While your case is at the ceramist, you will wear provisional veneers that will be made to the smile design of the wax model that you approved and the color that you have chosen. This will help ensure that you will love the final result. If you need any adjustments to the provisional veneers, Dr. Brooksher will make the needed changes and that information will be relayed to the ceramist.
- After you approve the look and feel of the temporary veneers, Dr. Brooksher’s ceramist will use them to craft your porcelain veneers.
- Dr. Brooksher will use try-in paste to place your porcelain veneers on your teeth. You’ll be given time to examine the color, shape, size, and feel of the veneers. You’ll likely be ready to have them permanently bonded to your teeth, but if you have any hesitation, Dr. Brooksher will return them to his ceramist to be adjusted or completely remade.
- When you absolutely love your smile makeover, Dr. Brooksher will bond the porcelain veneers to your teeth.
All of the above steps involve you throughout the process and ensure you receive the smile you really want. We call this Dr. Brooksher’s beautiful smile guarantee. The veneers won’t be bonded onto your teeth unless you love them.
Veneers from an Accredited Cosmetic Dentist
The results you receive from porcelain veneers are closely related to the skill and artistic talent of your dentist. Your veneers must be accurately crafted and bonded to provide the most aesthetic results, as well as optimum function.
Dr. Brooksher has advanced training and experience in cosmetic dentistry. And he is accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). Through rigorous written and oral exams, along with submission of patient cases, he has proven his ability to provide beautiful, high-quality smile designs. Additionally, he has received awards for his dental artistry in the AACD’s International Smile Gallery Competition.
The before-and-after photos below show how Dr. Brooksher used porcelain veneers to transform a patient’s smile. Her teeth were small, uneven, and worn. Porcelain veneers were used to lengthen and even her teeth and give her a bright, natural-looking smile.
The Complimentary Consultation Option
If you’re interested in porcelain veneers but aren’t ready to commit to an examination, you may schedule a ten-minute complimentary consultation with Dr. Brooksher. He will answer any questions you may have and explain your options. Call us or request an appointment online.