Imagine an anxiety-free dental appointment. Sedation dentistry can help. In Baton Rouge, Dr. Brooksher helps patients relax and have positive, productive dental visits.
What Is a Sedation Dentist?
A sedation dentist uses anti-anxiety medication to help you relax throughout your dental visit. If you have had traumatic dental experiences in the past or had trouble getting numb, sedation can make you so relaxed that you may not even remember your appointment. And even if you aren’t nervous about dental appointments, sedation can help you comfortably endure lengthy or complex dental procedures.
Sedation dentistry can help you relax during any dental procedure you receive, including:
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental implants
- Uncomfortable or lengthy procedures
Oral Conscious Sedation
Dr. Brooksher uses oral conscious sedation. It’s a moderate level of sedation dentistry that is achieved with commonly prescribed anti-anxiety medication. Arrange for transportation to and from your appointment because the medication will make you drowsy.
What can you expect with dental sedation?
- You’ll take the medication about an hour before your dental appointment and arrive at our office very relaxed.
- We will monitor your vital signs throughout your procedure and ensure a staff member is always with you.
- Although you will be sedated, you will be able to respond to instructions and questions during your dental appointment.
- The drowsiness will linger after your appointment, so you’ll need to relax for the rest of the day.
- You probably won’t remember what happened during your appointment.
Our Commitment to Your Comfort
Past negative dental experiences are often the cause of dental anxiety. Dr. Brooksher and our entire staff are sensitive to your anxiety. We make every effort to ensure you feel welcome and comfortable throughout your visit.
In advance of your dental procedure, Dr. Brooksher will ensure you understand what to expect with sedation dentistry before, during, and after the procedure. Many of our patients have found that in time, their consistently positive and relaxing experiences with us help to decrease their overall anxiety about dental appointments and reduce the need for sedation. And they look forward to visits with us.
If you’re interested in how sedation can help you enjoy relaxing, productive dental visits, call us to schedule an appointment or request an appointment online.
“I have horrible anxiety at dental offices. I have never been as comfortable as I am at Dr. Brooksher’s office. Everyone is really nice, accommodating, and understanding!”