Invisalign® is a brand of invisible braces that straightens your teeth without people noticing it. In Baton Rouge, accredited cosmetic dentist Dr. Brooksher is familiar with Invisalign and other brands of invisible braces.
A Clear Path to a Beautiful Smile
While Invisalign® is a popular brand of invisible braces, Dr. Brooksher prefers the ClearCorrect® brand and feels he gets better results, for reasons that are explained below.
Like Invisalign, ClearCorrect uses a series of clear custom-made trays, or aligners, to straighten your teeth and correct a variety of issues, including:
- Midline misalignment
- Open bite
Before treatment starts, Dr. Brooksher will examine your teeth and gums to ensure you’re a candidate for it.
The process continues with the following steps:
- An x-ray of your dental arches will be taken.
- Dr. Brooksher will use an intraoral scanner to take optical impressions of your teeth in order to capture their shape and alignment.
- He will submit your case to the ClearCorrect laboratory with a prescription for your treatment plan.
- The lab will create a plan for moving your teeth into their desired positions, making virtual models of the positions of your teeth as they are gradually aligned. The models are then transferred to a 3-D printer to make a series of customized comfortable clear aligners.
- When your aligners are ready, Dr. Brooksher will ensure they fit over your teeth properly.
- You will wear the first set of aligners. They are to be worn all day and night, for a minimum of 22 hours each day, taking them out only to eat and when you floss and brush your teeth.
- When you first put on each set of aligners, they will be uncomfortable because they are designed to fit the new positions for your teeth. Within a few days, light pressure from the aligners will move your teeth to their new positions.
- After a few days, as your teeth shift into the correct position, your aligners will feel more comfortable. Continue to wear each set for the full amount of time instructed—usually two to three weeks. This gives your ligaments and bone time to adjust to the new positions and properly support your teeth. Switching aligners prematurely can damage your teeth.
- After you’ve worn a set of aligners for the specified number of weeks, you will move to the next set.
- After you’ve worn all the aligners, you’ll have a gorgeous smile. The total time for treatment is about half the time of conventional braces.
A Trustworthy Alternative to Invisalign
You might wonder: If Invisalign and other brands of invisible braces have similar processes, why does Dr. Brooksher prefer ClearCorrect? There are several reasons:
- Precise protocol – He receives detailed instructions for treatment setup, evaluation, and adjustments. In his opinion, the protocol is more precise than alternative brands.
- Predictable results – The shape or position of some teeth can make it difficult for aligners to properly grip and move them. In these cases, Dr. Brooksher applies a small bump of composite resin on the outer surface of each tooth concerned to give leverage for moving the tooth. This is not an option for some brands of invisible braces.
- Customer service – Dr. Brooksher has access to a responsive support team to answer questions, resolve any issues, and keep your treatment moving forward.
Interested in Beautifully Aligning Your Teeth?
If you are interested in beautifully aligning your teeth with invisible braces, we invite you to schedule an appointment. Call us to schedule or request an appointment online.