Most people who are interested in mercury-free dentistry are concerned about how the dental materials used in their mouth will affect their oral health and their overall health. In Baton Rouge, Dr. Brooksher understands your concerns and provides mercury-free options for your dental care.
Mercury-Free Composite Fillings
Dr. Brooksher uses mercury-free composite fillings, which have several advantages:
- Strength – They bond to your teeth and strengthen them. Amalgam fillings are stronger than composite, but they expand and contract, which weakens teeth over time.
- Aesthetics – They look better. Tooth-colored composite matches the shade of your natural teeth, unlike dark amalgam fillings.
- Comfort – They insulate your teeth and limit sensitivity to heat and cold. Metal-based amalgam fillings conduct heat and cold and increase sensitivity in teeth.
- Healthier – When a tooth is prepared for a composite filling, less healthy tooth structure needs to be removed than with an amalgam filling.
Dr. Broosker is an accredited cosmetic dentist. He stays current with the advanced tools and technology required to ensure dental restorations are healthy, natural looking, and long lasting. You’ll benefit from his skill and experience in several ways.
- He will correctly bond and seal your composite fillings to ensure they will last and properly protect your teeth.
- If you want an existing amalgam filling replaced with composite, Dr. Brooksher will isolate the tooth to prevent mercury exposure throughout your mouth.
- He also offers metal-free dental crowns and bridges.
The photos below show how old amalgam fillings can separate from teeth, weaken them, and allow bacteria to leak in. The fillings were replaced with natural-looking composite, which strengthens teeth.
If you’re interested in mercury-free dentistry, call us to request an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.