I realize custom porcelain veneers will hide my teeth stains, but the cost is almost overwhelming. If I got veneers from a dentist for the stains in my teeth, it would take years to pay for them. I am unsure if getting a porcelain veneers payment plan is worth it. What about online veneers? I do not want the cheap $25 veneers. I found a few brands online in the $700 – $1,000 range that use impressions of my mouth to make them. I would expect better quality than the cheap veneers that require warming up and force fitting over your teeth. Could the more costly online veneers at least improve my teeth even though I know they won’t look as good as porcelain veneers? – Thanks, Rob from Arlington, TX
Thank you for contacting Dr. Brooksher’s office with your questions.
Will Online Veneers Hide Your Teeth Stains?
Online veneers may hide your teeth stains depending on discoloration. If you have realistic expectations about online veneers, you know that they do not look like real teeth. They fit over your natural teeth, so you can expect these results:
- Online veneers will give you a bulker smile because the plastic teeth must fit over your teeth.
- Online veneers often lack natural tooth color and translucence. They look pasty. Some companies offer a few choices for tooth shade.
- If you plan to wear online veneers daily, they will wear quickly, and you will need to replace them frequently. Although online veneers offer payment plans, the product may last several months to a year with daily wear, depending on the quality.
- You must remove the veneers to eat hard, sticky, chewy, or crunchy foods.
Can You Get a Porcelain Veneers Payment Plan?
Getting a porcelain veneers payment plan is worth it if you want healthy results and a natural-looking smile that will last. Most cosmetic dentists offer payment plans through financing companies, such as CareCredit®. Some dentists have in-office financing options to help you pay for treatment in monthly installments.
- Porcelain veneers last 15 to 20 years and give you a long-lasting smile makeover.
- Porcelain mimics natural tooth color, translucence, and gloss.
- A dentist bonds the veneers to the fronts of your teeth, giving you the freedom to eat, brush, and floss your teeth as normal.
A skilled cosmetic dentist will identify the cause of your teeth stains and determine the best treatment options to conceal the stains.
Cosmetic Bonding for Teeth Stains
Depending on the type and extent of the stains, a dentist may be able to conceal them with cosmetic bonding. Bonding costs less than veneers but only lasts five years or longer if you take care of it. Cosmetic dentists stock high-quality bonding materials that mimic the color and translucence of natural teeth. Your cosmetic dentist will apply bonding by hand while you relax in a dental chair.
What Can You Expect with Online Veneers?
Companies that sell online veneers do not focus on what is best for your oral health. You must use their impression kit to make a mold of your teeth, and they make veneers based on the mold. In contrast, a cosmetic dentist will take the precautions:
- Examine your teeth and gums
- Determine the source of the stains in your teeth
- Explain if you need further medical or dental care to protect your oral health for the long term
We recommend scheduling an appointment with a highly skilled cosmetic dentist to see which treatment is best for your stained teeth. The dentist will also explain options for a porcelain veneers payment plan.
Dr. Steven Brooksher, a Baton Rouge accredited cosmetic dentist, sponsors this post.