The cost of dental implants varies depending on where you live in the country, as well as the fees of the dentist or oral surgeon. On average, a single implant can cost $1500-$3000.
When Are Dental Implants Too Cheap?
Your dental implants might be too cheap if the dentist:
- Doesn’t review your health history and just schedules you for implants
- Only takes basic x-rays of your teeth without doing a 3-D CT scan
- Tells you about steps he or she will skip to make implants more affordable
- Has only completed a few implant cases
Where to Start
You can call dental offices or schedule consultations with two or three implant dentists. As you compare and record the costs from each dentist, find out what services are included in the prices you are quoted. Surgery (including bone grafting, if needed), lab fees, the type and quality of implant fixtures, implant crowns, sedation, and other services factor into the total cost.
Getting the Right Perspective on Affordable Dental Implants
If you want to receive quality implants that last, consider looking for a competitive price from a highly skilled implant dentist. Avoid searching for cheap dental implants. Ask to see before-and-after photos of the dentist’s dental implant cases.
Ask for information on financing, payment plans, and other ways that each dentist makes implants affordable for you. If you need multiple implants, consider having the work done in phases as your budget allows. If all of your teeth are missing, implant overdentures are an affordable way to stabilize your dentures and improve their function.
Details that Matter
Regardless of the cost of your dental implants, ensure your dentist has received advanced, post-graduate training implantology. Successful implant dentists adhere to a strict process for positive outcomes. Your dentist’s process should include the following:
- Thoroughly reviews your health history to ensure you’re a candidate.
- Uses 3-D CT scans to accurately capture your oral anatomy and surrounding structures. This ensures accurate implant placement.
- Uses high-quality implant fixtures.
- Provides quality dental crowns for the implants. The results will look like your natural teeth.
This post is sponsored by Baton Rouge, LA implant dentist Dr. Steven Brooksher. Dr. Brooksher is a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), the world’s largest dental implant organization and largest provider of continuing dental implant education.